US President Donald Trump will make a final decision on the social network TikTok today, CBS News reported, citing its sources.
According to them, potential buyers may include the American investment company Blackstone and the technology corporation Oracle. The list may include venture capital firms and large investors in the technology industry.
The TV channel reports that the meeting will be attended by US Vice President J. D. Vance, Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick, National Security Advisor Mike Walz, and Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard.
US President Donald Trump has previously said he would not want to block the social network TikTok and expressed confidence that a deal would be struck to sell the platform.
After taking office on January 20, he signed an executive order that aimed to postpone the blocking of the platform in the US for at least 75 days (until April 5). Trump said that the US should have the right to half of TikTok, without specifying exactly what that meant. He had “warm feelings” for the platform, as the votes of its young American users contributed to his victory in the November 2024 elections. For its part, Beijing has compared the situation surrounding the possible ban of TikTok in the US to robbery.
Former US President Biden signed a law in 2024 forcing the Chinese corporation ByteDance to sell or terminate TikTok's operations in the US by January 19, 2025, which has not yet happened, and the new US administration is looking for potential candidates to buy 50% of the social network's shares.